Planning your Home Remodel
Home Remodeling is an intensive project. The more Planning you do, the more successful your project will be in the end.
- Start by making a list of what bothers you about your existing space. It can be anything from not enough storage to a bad layout of rooms. Basically anything that you would like to see done differently, even if you don’t think it’s possible.
- Then write down your home remodeling “Wish List”. Put down everything you would like to have in your project. Chances are, you’re not going to get it all, but eventually you will reduce the Wish List down to a Priority List.
- Make sure your Priority List is real, things you must have that make sense for your lifestyle and neighborhood
- If you are going to do a major Home Remodel of modifications, you may also consider adding on to your home for additional space.
- Always consider adding space vertically as well as horizontally.
- Storage and organization are always an issue for every home remodel. Closets and storage areas should be carefully evaluated when remodeling.
- A lot of people really don’t know how to articulate their style or design. We always tell people the best way to discover what your style is, is to go thru magazines an pull out pictures of projects that appeal to you without thinking about it too much. Before you know it, you will have a pile of similar projects with similar style and design.