Kitchen Design Advice – Hiring a Kitchen Designer
We touched on this a bit, but I can’t say it enough. For any size Kitchen Remodeling Project, first spend your money on a good, reputable Kitchen Designer. We all know we like the high end consumer products; Mercedes, Gucci, Burberry, etc…the reason we admire them is they are functional and beautifully DESIGNED.
Design is everywhere, in every product you use, for every product you choose. We have all seen even small cottages that seem to have stepped out of a fairly tale – chances are there’s a great Designer behind that door.
A good Designer can take quality, moderately priced items and and improve the value of your home with great design both in function and beauty. Whether you meet with a designer in person, or have an online designer, your project will reap the benefits.
Kitchen Design is a unique and detail oriented profession that must balance the architectural commandments of form and function to the highest degree. It is the juxtaposition of fine design against working functionality that must be blended to create a beautiful, and practical, Kitchen for Today’s Lifestyle.
A kitchen can typically involve as many tradespeople as building an entire home. A Kitchen Designer must be experienced with all trades that are involved in construction as well as constantly keeping up with all new products for the Kitchen and Bath Industry.
However you choose to remodel your Kitchen, always consider the value of a CKD Designer, (Certified Kitchen Designer). The right Design and the right products can optimize your return on investment, in some areas, as much as 100% or more the first year, (see Cost vs Value for your area). Whether you meet with a Designer in person, or have an Online Kitchen Designer, your Kitchen Remodeling project, and your Home, will reap the benefits.
Choosing the right design professional is an important decision for your project’s success. By selecting an NKBA-certified designer, you will be working with a professional who:
- Has demonstrated comprehensive knowledge in kitchen and bath design, as well as construction, mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Adheres to a strict code of professional conduct.
- Is an expert in the NKBA Kitchen & Bath Planning Guidelines & Access Standards, which recognizes the importance of consumer health, safety, and welfare in kitchen and bath design.
- Is a member of the National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA), the kitchen and bath industry’s leading professional organization that provides them with the training and tools needed to succeed.
- Is skilled at assessing consumers’ individual needs and wants and creating designs that meet and exceed these requirements.
- Remains current on local building codes, safety and environmental regulations and the wealth of new products and equipment on the market.
When hiring a professional to work on your dream kitchen or bath, be sure to look for the NKBA certified or member logo.